Friday 21 February 2020

Scribble Witch by Inky Willis

Molly's having a not so good Monday. Her teacher hates her, her best friend is moving away, and her yogurt has leaked all over her lunch. (Ok, one of those things is worse than the others.) Nothing is going to cheer her up. Absolutely nothing...

This is a cute, funny start to a new MG series. The illustrations are fantastic, they match the tone of the book perfectly and there's loads to look at and unpick. I love Molly's Lists of Things! I agree with most of them, and I remember the pencil topper craze. I was never allowed more than one, though...

My copy of the book came with a postcard with a cut out witch of my very own. So far, as far as I can tell, she hasn't done anything magical, but who knows? Maybe it'll happen yet...

I love this book and I think the series is going to do really well. Do note, though, that despite the back cover saying Wednesday, things start happening on Monday. I was a little confused until I caught up to that! I assume the cover is referencing the fact that the first day Molly's friend is gone is a Wednesday.





When Molly's best friend announces that she's moving to a new school, a blue Wednesday becomes the Worst Wednesday Ever.
That is until some unexpected magic brightens up Molly's day. Notes, a secret paper witch, springs to life from her pen pot - and into action! Some of the things Notes does are absolutely NOT helpful and gets Molly into trouble with her stinky teacher. But it's surprising what one tiny witch, armed with nothing more than a pencil, can achieve before the home-time bell rings...

No comments:

Post a Comment