Wednesday 16 September 2020

Vampires Never Get Old, by Many

In this delicious new collection, you’ll find stories about lurking vampires of social media, rebellious vampires hungry for more than just blood, eager vampires coming out―and going out for their first kill―and other bold, breathtaking, dangerous, dreamy, eerie, iconic, powerful creatures of the night.

Welcome to the evolution of the vampire―and a revolution on the page.

Vampires Never Get Old includes stories by authors both bestselling and acclaimed, including Samira Ahmed, Dhonielle Clayton, Zoraida Córdova and Natalie C. Parker, Tessa Gratton, Heidi Heilig, Julie Murphy, Mark Oshiro, Rebecca Roanhorse, Laura Ruby, Victoria “V. E.” Schwab, and Kayla Whaley.


I'm sorry. I thought I'd really enjoy this; I've enjoyed a lot of different vampire stories and a lot of short story collections, so this is a great match, right? And look at the author line up! This should be amazing!

Sadly, it's not. Most of the stories read like they were sections of longer stories, with no resolution or proper ending. Several of the stories were set in the southern states and they all started sounding a bit samey after a while.

I liked all the different rep, and my favourite story was the Desi one; I thought it was really clever and had a great tone. But overall, I'm afraid, this book isn't for me. I hope it does well.


Vampires Never Get Old publishes on the 22nd September, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment