Monday 21 February 2022

Man Down by James Goodhand (spoilers in review)


Will Parks is being followed.

Someone is watching him, feeding him glimpses of the future - steering him down paths he would never have dared to take alone.

But these supernatural tip-offs are doing more for Will than just boosting his popularity, or keeping him out of trouble in the dead-end town he calls home. They have a purpose.

Because a tragedy is coming. One that only Will can prevent. But only if he is ready to step up. Only if he's prepared to become the man he's meant to be.



I thought I'd really enjoy this - supernatural tip offs! Mystery! Danger! A guy stepping up when he needs to step up!

But no. It wasn't engaging, the mystery wasn't intriguing. I found myself skimming bits. And the ending just seems to imply that nothing will change, it'll just keep going around again and again. Maybe we're supposed to think that since things are a little better this time, they'll keep getting better until they finally go right? But there's nothing to explain that in the novel.

It's not an awful novel, it's a clever concept, it just didn't do it for me, I'm afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment