Friday 11 March 2022

Impossible/The Impossible Us by Sarah Lotz


Meet Nick: Failed writer. Failed husband. Dog owner.

Meet Bee: Serial dater. Dress maker. Pringles enthusiast.

One day, their paths cross over a misdirected email. The connection is instant, electric. They feel like they've known each other all their lives.

Nick buys a new suit, gets on a train. Bee steps away from her desk, sets off to meet him under the clock at Euston station.

Think you know how the rest of the story goes? They did too . . .

But this is a story with more twists than most. This is Impossible.




Hopefully this review makes sense. It's tough to see since I'm crying so hard from reading it. Thanks for that, Sarah.

The blurb above is from the UK version. The US blurb is spoilery, so be careful where you're looking this up if you like to be spoiler free. In the interest of being fair, I will also not be spoiling here, but I will say the concept here is not new - you've seen it in movies and TV shows - but the specific way it's applied is new in my experience. Even shortly before the end I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

Much like the friendship between Bee and Nick, this is extremely easy to read. It flows beautifully no matter which point of view we're in, and the supporting cast is fantastic. I would really love to see this as a mini series or movie - it's extremely cinemagraphic, especially that very last scene!

I would say that I'd love to read more in this world, but I honestly think that ending is absolute perfection and continuing the story would dilute it. I'm very eager to see what else Sarah writes, though.

A really great read which I highly recommend. Be prepared to have some heartstrings tugged along the way, though.


This novel publishes as The Impossible Us in the US on the 22nd of March, 2022, and as Impossible in the UK on the 17th of March, 2022. I recieved a free copy and am giving an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment