Sunday, 20 September 2026

The Camelot Oracle by John Matthews and Will Worthington


Enter the mystical world of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table with The Camelot Oracle, a transformative divination tool that offers oracular guidance from the legendary figures you encounter along your journey.

Rooted in the timeless Arthurian myths, The Camelot Oracle invites you to walk in the footsteps of heroes, face challenges, and uncover profound truths about your life’s path. Unfold the included Map of the Lands Adventurous and unwrap the included Place, Hallows, and Character cards, and your journey from Camelot is ready to begin. With a champion and companion at your side, discover the path to where your challenger awaits to hear and answer your questions.

This enhanced, reissued edition of the original features 46 total cards, including four added Hallows cards, two new alternative character cards, and a beautifully redesigned card back and book design. The guidebook is newly revised with entries on the new cards and additional insights.

Whether you’re a novice or an experienced practitioner, The Camelot Oracle will inspire clarity, self-discovery, and a deeper connection to your inner wisdom.

PRE-READING

I'm better at tarot than I am at oracles. This isn't exactly a secret if you've read any of my reviews! But the subject of this one intrigued me, and the artwork looked lovely, so I was very curious to give it a try.


POST-READING

As I expected

The artwork really is lovely. The cards have a realistic, atmospheric style, while the Path cards in particular have a slightly haunting quality that I really enjoyed.


I was surprised by

How straightforward this actually is to use!

At first glance, The Camelot Oracle looks like it might require a considerable amount of study before you can do anything useful with it. In practice, the simplest reading is wonderfully manageable: choose one Character as your Champion, one as your Guide, and one Path card. The Champion shows you how to begin, the Path shows you which way to go, and the Guide offers advice along the journey.

That's much simpler than I was afraid it would be.

I've really enjoyed experimenting with the cards, and the guidebook is particularly useful for a newcomer. It includes some history about the Arthurian characters as well as guidance for working with the cards, which adds another layer of interest to the deck.

I haven't yet worked my way up to the Round Table Spread, but I'm planning to keep practising until I feel ready for it. I'm looking forward to the first reading where I can put the book down and trust myself to navigate the cards without checking what everything means!


Overall, I'm very glad I gave this a try, and I definitely plan to keep working with it.

RECOMMENDATIONS

If you're new to oracle cards but interested in Arthurian legend, this is a particularly approachable place to start. I'd also recommend it to tarot readers who want to experiment with oracle cards without immediately being thrown into something that feels completely unfamiliar.

VIBE CHECK

Colour palette: Forest greens, weathered stone, deep blues and muted golds.
Soundtrack: Herne by Clannad - from the Robin of Sherwood soundtrack. Ancient, mysterious and atmospheric, with just enough woodland magic to make you feel as though you've wandered off the road and into Arthurian legend.
Season: Autumn, when the woods start feeling slightly more magical than usual.
Mood: Mysterious, adventurous, thoughtful.
Scent: Woodsmoke and damp forest leaves.
Texture: Old parchment and worn leather.

THE TRUE QUESTION

What happens when I stop worrying about doing it "right"?

For me, that is the most interesting part of working with The Camelot Oracle. I'm much more confident with tarot, so there's a temptation to compare the two or worry that I'm not interpreting an oracle deck correctly. This deck has reminded me that sometimes the best way to learn is simply to pick up the cards, experiment and see what happens.



I received a free copy of The Camelot Oracle and am giving an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment