Friday 15 May 2020

Take the Lead by Elena Browne and Jennifer Farley

Find everything you need to know about dogs in this kid friendly guide to choosing, training and enjoying your new pet.

Choosing a dog and adding him to your family is a big job. What if he doesn't suit you? Will you be able to train him? How do you look after him? Elena's books aims to take the difficulty out of it. Written in child friendly language with plenty of photos and illustrations, this easy to follow guide goes through the whole process, from deciding as a family to have a dog, to choosing your dog, through feeding and training and taking care of your dog, and finishes up by telling you some of the amazing things a dog can do.

It's very clear from the text that Elena loves dogs, and the illustrations make it clear that Jennifer does too. I love the photos at the back of dogs who helped to make the book, and I'm now very curious about flyball - I'll have to see if I can find out more about it!

I'm a cat person, but I really enjoyed reading this book, and I'll keep it around. Maybe some of the tricks will work on my cat!

(Also the title is brilliant.)

A fun and practical guide to caring for dogs and puppies. From exercise and play to comfort and care this book is an ideal guide for children who already have a dog, would like a dog or love learning about dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment