Thursday 16 April 2020

We Just Clicked by Anna Bell

Izzy's developing her Instagram following. Maybe she lies a little every now and then. But everyone does it, don't they? Filters, hashtags - it's no big deal. Until it is...



I'll be honest, I don't use Instagram myself, but I know a bit about influencers. I'm sure it's a gross generalisation, but I have no difficulty believing the view of this book, that influencers are almost all lying to one degree or another. While I don't believe it's anything like as involved as Izzy and Luke, I easily believe that people spend time getting the 'right' shot, the 'perfect' filter.

I enjoyed the story very much. I like that we weren't sure about Luke until quite late; no one is perfectly good or perfectly bad and it's nice to see that reflected here. Aidan, on the other hand, is too good to be real. I did love the easy, banter-filled relationship that developed between him and Izzy, though. Love me some banter!

This book had some genuine, real things to say and I'm glad I got a chance to read it.




A fabulously funny, feel-good novel that will make you laugh until you cry, for anyone who’s ever presented a perfectly-filtered life online to hide the unglamorous reality.

Izzy Brown has always dreamed of being an Instagram influencer. So when her colleague and fellow Instagrammer Luke suggests they ‘fake date’ to boost their profiles, Izzy says yes – against her better judgement.

Now Izzy’s profile tells the story of a confident, glamorous thirty-something with the perfect boyfriend, and her follower numbers are shooting upwards. So what if Izzy can’t stop bickering with Luke, his habit of checking his quiff in every single mirror is driving her insane, and behind the scenes she’s hiding a secret heartache? Everyone tells a few fibs on social media, right?

But when Izzy runs into Aidan, the mysterious stranger who saved her the day her world fell apart two years ago, major sparks start to fly between them. Izzy’s sure she can have the online success she’s always dreamed of, whilst continuing to fall in love – and heal her heart – in real life. After all, Aidan doesn’t use social media… what could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment