Saturday 14 March 2020

The Vikings by John Farrelly

You know all about the Vikings, right? Horns, fighting, Valhalla? Think again. You're about to learn some amazing new facts...

Ok, I'll fess up. I did not know all the facts in this fun book. For instance! 'Vikings' is not a race, it's a description of the activity! The Vikings were mostly Norsemen.

The book's full of cartoons, activities and games. I'm torn between the sneaky reference to Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh or the episode of that famous Viking soap opera Fishamble Street as my favourite part!

I can't wait to see what parts of history the series tackles next. I'm sure they'll be just as much fun as this one is.


An entertaining introduction to the Vikings of Ireland!

The first book in a new series 'Deadly Irish History', Vikings is jam-packed with all kinds of interesting facts and stories about Viking life. Illustrated with clever and highly entertaining cartoons, comic strips, pseudo documents as well as things to make and do, quizzes, puzzles and true and false questionnaires.

The world of the Vikings in Ireland is an endlessly fascinating one, so

be like them and go out and EXPLORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment